Sunday 8 January 2012

I have been informed by a 'friend'...

...that it's only 18 weeks to the Etape Caledonia.  I find myself rather nervous, and acutely aware of the fact that my longest jaunt out on the road has been about 20 miles, just another 60 to go then.

We did attempt to go out today, however due to a malfunctioning chain link we crashed and burned 5 miles into a 27 mile ride.  'Crashed and burned' is a bit of an overstatement.  More like rolled slowly to a grinding halt.  On reflection the boyfriend seems to think that the trail we were taking would have been a bit much for him since we were going up Causey Mount at the time.  A look at the route can be found here:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5245132

My chain crapped out after doing the massive hill around the 3 mile mark.

I must get out on the road.  I'm managing 32 miles a week on the spin classes plus I'm doing a bit extra at the gym with the rowing machine and such so I'm doing alright on that front.  So just need to devise a stratagem for getting the work on the road up.

Mx

1 comment:

  1. 18 weeks is a long time to build up. Get 'er done! :)

    ReplyDelete