Tuesday 20 May 2014

Who's With Me?!

After more than a week off I freaked myself out by finding myself sitting up in bed.  Not waking, then sitting up, but throwing myself bolt up right and then wondering what I was doing there.  With my eyes already open.  The Eids promptly crapped himself then fell back to sleep having no memory of it this morning what-so-ever.  We had a whole conversation about it last night.  He asked what I was doing, I said I didn't know, he said when was the last time you did some exercise?  I said the Etape Caledonia 2014, and that I think I was dreaming.  He was still asleep through this entire exchange apparently.  For me, sitting bolt up right (whilst not a big deal in itself) is quite close bouncing off walls - trying to get through doorways that aren't actually there - and herding a flock of Buffys into bed (the dog not the slayer).  Both are recurrent themes in my sleep walking.

I'm imposing on myself a challenge.  I'm going to exercise every day between now and the end of the month.  The rules are:

1.  It has to be crusty, manky, sweat inducing exercise.  Nothing done in normal every day clothing, including pootling about on the Brompton, counts.

2.  It has to be 30 minutes plus. OVER 30, that's 3  Ohh. Minutes over.  

3.  It can be any sort of exercise, cycling, Yoga (if you don't find yoga hard you're not doing it right), but see No. 1 for restrictions.  I'm including this because I want to change it up a wee bit, and do some cross training.  Particuarly since now a baby could arm wrestle me and win.

4.  There is no time in lieu.  So if  we do 45 minutes one day, we do not get to do 17 minutes the next day. So if we do an hour one day, we still need to do thirty plus minutes the next day.

4.  I shall utilise Garry Garmin to prove it.

5. This can happen any time of the day, though my shall aim will be to get this done in the morning.

I'm not sure about embedding the results every day, I may just do the stats - time, heart rate, activity etc.  I'm on twitter (@aWeegieUpNorth) and have mapmyride on my twitter account and facebook so a link to in depth stats will be available.  If anyone really gets a benefit from seeing the exercise info that in depth, please let me know and I'll embed it (it's not that much of a fuss to put it on the post, but really, how many times do people need to see me cycle to Udny).

I have already done 40 minutes of Youtuber kick boxing, which I'll update soon on mapmyride (yes, that was sneaky of me).

If anyone else fancies taking part, or is doing a similar challenge, let me know in the comments and we can keep each other motivated!

Jx





No comments:

Post a Comment